Introduction- Live2Support – Live Chat Software
Remember those good old days when we used live chat software to chat freely with just about anyone in chat rooms on AOL and Yahoo? Live chat support has indeed come a long way since then. It has not only kept pace with technology but has also, as a result of these advancements, enabled millions of users to communicate freely with customer support and sales teams worldwide. Let us take a brief moment to understand exactly what live chat help is today in its new incarnation and how it can empower you to achieve your mission on the Internet.
The Live Chat Icon
The first introduction to live chat software your customers and website visitors will receive is the live chat icon on your home page once you install live chat on your website. As soon as your users click this icon, they can actively engage in text-based chat interaction with members of your support and sales teams. They will interact with your chat operators live and in real time. Your users will receive specific answers to questions which they will submit by typing them into the chat box. The live chat icon can be placed anywhere on the website. You can strategically position the icon on every page of your website and even more than once on a single webpage to further enhance user convenience and website ergonomics.
How to Install Live Chat on your Website?
Live chat installation on a website is seamless and usually takes no more than five or ten minutes. Your live chat software company will provide a few lines of code which you will copy and paste on your website’s home page. Modify the page and re-upload the page on your server and you are done! This action will provide you with immediate access to your live chat control panel from where you can activate, de-activate and set permissions for literally hundreds of features and attributes only a few of which we have briefly described here:
Top 5 Live Chat Features
- Once you have installed live chat on your website, your chat operators can engage in one-on-one conversations with your customers and users in an environment that is totally secure, private and confidential since it is encrypted with SSL security.
- Live chat enables you to monitor your visitors, build customer profiles, and integrate these profiles into your CRM.
- Chat operators can use a feature called Canned Messages to respond to standard questions using pre-scripted messages.
- Your customers and users will always receive on demand, a printable copy of their chat interactions by generating chat transcripts.
- You can even use live chat software for sales initiatives by triggering cutting-edge live chat features such as proactive chat, co-browsing, screen share and Push URL.
Live chat instills in your potential customers a sense of trust, credibility and confidence by putting a human face behind your website that is always standing by to extend a helping hand by answering questions, solving problems and enabling your website to foster sustained and ongoing engagement.